related stories
Chelsea reject Villas-Boas set to join Inter Milan Internazionale give Claudio Ranieri dreaded vote of confidence
score centre
Premier LeagueLa LigaSerie ABundesligaChampions LeagueLive Matches

Fabio Capello has ruled himself out of becoming the new boss of Internazionale after admitting he has no intention of managing in his native Italy again.

Capello, 65, has been strongly linked with a return to Serie A, with Inter Milan reportedly interested in acquiring his services this summer, after he quit his post as England manager last month.

However, the veteran tactician, who has won multiple league titles with AC Milan, Roma, Juventus and Real Madrid during an illustrious managerial career, has said that he would only be interested in returning to the game with a team abroad.

"I will not coach in Italy any more," said Capello. "I will only coach abroad if there is anything interesting. I am a child of the world, I like to experience new countries and different cultures."

Capello has long been touted as a replacement for the much maligned Claudio Ranieri at the Giuseppe Meazza and reportedly turned down an offer to succeed Leonardo last summer.

Former Genoa boss Gian Piero Gasperini was eventually handed the reins but lasted just five games in charge having overseen one draw and four defeats in his five games in charge.

Ranieri's appointment briefly saw an upturn in fortunes, but a wretched recent run where the team has picked up just one win in eight Serie A outings not to mention a Champions League exit to Marseille, has seen come under increasing pressure. A summer departure now seems inevitable.

With Capello effectively ruling himself out of the running for the job should it become available, former Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas is now the odds-on favourite, with some reports claiming he has already held talks with the club.

Capello, meanwhile, has maintained that his decision to resign as England manager was correct because of the Football Association's stance on John Terry.

The former Real Madrid, Juventus and AC Milan boss stood down in the wake of the FA's decision to strip Chelsea defender Terry of the captaincy because of allegations of racist abuse towards QPR's Anton Ferdinand. Terry denies the charges and will stand trial on July 9, after the Euro 2012 campaign.

"One is innocent until proven guilty," Capello told Rai Tre TV programme 'Che tempo che fa'. "Why should I take the armband off Terry, seeing as I had only just given it back to him after two years? The trial will be on July 9 and I asked them to wait for the case to be heard and then make a decision."